Slush Cup (Pond Skimming) and Cardboard Derby
Saturday, March 24th, 2018 from 12pm-5pm
This annual event is a SPLASH! Participate or come watch as costumed competitors attempt to skim across our long pond on skis and snowboards.
Following the Slush Cup, Grab your friends & watch individuals and teams race down the Face on their cardboard sleds. Prizes will be given out to competitors AND randomly selected spectators!
WEST MOUNTAIN’s Cardboard Sled Derby Rules and Design Guidelines Design Guidelines:
- Only regular cardboard, duct tape, paint, markers, and crayons can be used in the construction of the cardboard sled.
- Sleds cannot be wrapped in plastic or shrink wrapped.
- No wood, glue, industrial adhesives, staples, rope or wire will be permitted on a sled. Keep designs family friendly (NO PROFANITY ALLOWED)
- Duct tape or wax can be used on the bottom of the sled.
- All Sleds must have a front, rear, bottom and two sides.
- Race Rules:
- You must be 6 years or older to participate. Minors (under 18) will need a parent’s signature. We recommend participants wear helmet.
- Maximum of 3 participants per sled.
- Riders are not allowed to use their hands to push their sled down the hill once they have crossed the start line. Push Starts ONLY, NO running starts.
- Costumes are welcome and encouraged
- Participants are strongly encouraged to wear helmets.
- All sleds, parts, and participants must cross the finish line.
- In the case that none of the Teams make it across the finish line, the Race Winner will be based on the sled that made it the furthest distance over speed, provided the sled stays intact.
- Prizes Awarded for…
- Best Time- (Whomever makes it across the finish line first)
- Best in Show- (best Costume and overall sled presentation)
- Best Crash
- Race details:
- All Sleds and Teams will meet in front of the Deck near the ticket windows 15 minutes after the Slush Cup.
- The Sleds and teams will use the lower tubing lanes to race. Start will be determined before the race.
- All sleds will line up on the lower tubing lanes and will begin at the same time. We may have to run more than one heat depending on number of sleds.
- The team/sled that makes it across the finish line first WINS. We will use hand times if we run more than one heat of sleds.
- The Cardboard Sled will be inspected by a West Mountain representative at the time of registration. All teams and participants must fill out an Entry Form and Sign a waiver.